Founder, Question Box Studio / 2012-Current
Design branded websites, digital assets and videos for schools, non-profits and startups with a focus on social good and community engagement to align key stakeholders and launch services.
- Partner directly with clients and their stakeholders to uncover insights, research solutions and complete project objectives
- Craft story framework and visual assets for all initiatives from sketches to deliverables
- Project manage client work, including cultivating research, design and technology methodologies to apply the best tools for each unique project
Designer, Lift Collective / 2015 - 2016
Produced visual brand and digital communication solutions for businesses that include Fortune 500s, large private corporations, non-profits and startups.
- Discovered opportunities by researching user needs and communication channels via competitive benchmarking, interviews and mood boards
- Leveraged customer insights to define strategic messages to develop communication frameworks as well as deploy brand identities and stylized complex internal and external processes and information flows
Visual Designer & Video Editor, Manning Digital / 2014 - 2015
Drove digital web strategy, user experience design and video production for digital agency.
- Led visual design process and project management with clients, as well as educated clients on the importance of design, user experience and storytelling strategy
- Designed client website and web apps based on deep understanding of user needs as well as edited web-ready client videos
Production Intern, Kartemquin Films / 2012 - 2013
Selected via highly competitive process to assist with documentary film production. Film credits include: Life Itself, The Homestretch, The Interrupters and The Trials of Muhammad Ali.
Video Producer, University of Michigan / 2012 - 2013
Produced two short documentaries for the UM Library used for international training.
Co-Founder, Trundle / 2014-2016
Launched start-up that collaborates with families to create smart, inspiring spaces where children in need can sleep and study. Designed, prototyped, funded and deployed service experience.
Volunteer Art Teacher & After School Tutor / 2013 - 2016
Work with 1st-8th grade students to teach fundamentals of English, art, science and math.
Board Member, Girls Education International / 2013 - 2015
Selected as board member for an international non-profit that fundraises for scholarships.
Business Design & Digital Innovation / 2014 - 2015
Northwestern University, Post-baccalaureate Certificate program
Elective Certificate / 2014 - 2015
- Design Lab – Design Research & Strategy / Fall 2015
- +Acumen and IDEO – Certificate in concept ideation and prototyping
B.A. in Art & Design, Minor in Global Media Studies / Spring 2012
University of Michigan Penny Stamps School of Art & Design
University Honors, Magna Cum Laude, GPA 3.7/4.0
- Stamps Merit Scholarship
- Nam Center of Korean Studies Research Grant
- Harvard University – Seoul, South Korea: Documentary film production
- Charles University – Prague, Czech Republic: European New Wave film studies
- U.M. EcoExplorers – Madagascar: Community outreach at Ho Avy research center
- Languages – Spanish, intermediate / Czech, beginner / Korean, beginner
Undergraduate Representative, Advisory Dean Search Committee
- Selected by faculty to represent student body in the search for the new Dean for the Penny Stamps School of Art & Design.
- Human Centered Design
- User Research Methods
- Brand & Positioning
- Information Design
- Process Design
- Service Design
- UI / UX for Web & Mobile
- Video & Photography
- Visual Design – Adobe Suite
- Prototyping – InVision & UX Pin
- Photography & Video – Final Cut
- Communication – Office & Keynote